Summer is coming, and many parents are making plans for how their children will spend it. Local schools offer camps and enrichment programs that allow children an opportunity to continue learning in June and July.
Leeds City School Summer Enrichment Program takes place from June 3 until July 26. The program is open to children between the ages of 5-11 and that are currently attending and zoned for Leeds Primary School or Leeds Elementary School. The program is $100 each week, which includes a t-shirt and the cost of any field trips that students take. Registration packets can be picked up at the offices of Leeds Primary School or Leeds Elementary School.
The Grove also offers summer programs for young students. Among the week-long specialized camps available are:
- Coding Camp for Beginners – June 3 (Ages 6-11)
- Coding for a Purpose – June 3 (Ages 8 and up)
- Stop Motion Animation Camp – June 10 (Ages 8 and up)
- Film Making Camp – June 10 (Ages 10-13)
- Robotics Camp – June 17 (Ages 8 and up)
- Tinkering Camp – June 17 (Ages 8 and up)
- Yarn Art Camp – June 24 (Ages 10 and up)
- Cookie and Cake Decorating Camp – June 24 (Ages 8 and up)
- Super Science Camp – July 1 (Ages 6-11)
- Rockets and Space Travel Camp – July 1 (Ages 9-13)
- Let’s Get Crafty Camp – July 8 (Ages 8 and up)
- Slime and Squishy Camp – July 8 (Ages 6 and up)
- Game Camp for Littles – July 15 (Ages 5-7)
- Game Camp for Bigs – July 15 (Ages 8 and up)
- Math-a-palooza Camp – July 22 (Ages 8-11)
- Imagination Camp – July 22 (Ages 8 and up)
Prices for week-long camps at The Grove vary each week. To learn more about each camp that is available and to register for summer camps online, visit learningatthegrove.com.