From The Trussville Tribune staff reports
MOODY — A Moody woman is crediting Waffle House employees, for saving her life on Saturday, Oct. 26.
Jackie Davis, who has lived in Moody for seven years, visits Waffle House often.
“I have been dealing with a broken leg for about a year,” said Davis. “They are very good. We usually stop there on the way home from the hospitals or on the way home from the doctor.”
But Saturday, Davis’ experience at Waffle House was different. As she took the first bite of her sausage patty, she said she knew something was wrong.
“I couldn’t breathe and I couldn’t tell them, I was just gasping,” said Davis.
As she was choking on her food, Davis said her husband panicked and didn’t know what to do. That’s when four Waffle House employees jumped to the rescue.
“The lady tried to pull me up out of the wheelchair to give me the Heimlich and when she did that, the sausage came up,” said Davis.
After struggling for over a minute, Davis said she was thankful someone was there to help.
“All I could think about was, ‘I won’t see my grandkids,” she said. “It was very scary. Words can’t explain how I feel. They honestly saved my life.”
This isn’t the first time Davis said staff at Waffle House has saved her life. Another incident happened in July. Davis said if not for the actions of the people there, things could have been a lot worse.
“My blood sugar had dropped and down I went, on the floor. One was feeding me grape jelly and one of them had orange juice right there.”
Davis’ health has improved and she is looking forward to more meals at Waffle House.